In June 1994 Sustainable Sources put its first web page up. Like most websites of the day, it was pretty darn basic. But it was a good start. The site you’re currently viewing, launched 15 years later in June 2009, is the most recent in a long series of revisions.
There are many new changes:
- The Calendar has been incorporated into the site, and is now available as an RSS feed (feel free to add it to your blog!). And be sure to add your events!
- The Resources section has been moved to the right sidebar so it’s easier for you to find.
- Sitewide searching (it may be a few days before Google indexes the revised site. Stay tuned)
- RSS feeds on posts to the home page and comments on Draft sections
- Easier navigation
- And most importantly, we’ve set it up so that interested individuals or groups can take responsibility for a particular section.
It’ll now be much easier to add new sections, and we have a handful of Drafts already in progress. If you know a lot about ANY of the subjects covered here and would like to participate, please contact us! All the Draft sections allow user comments as well, so you can ask relevant questions, point out errors, and offer corrections.
It’s also easier than ever to list your company in the Resources section for any particular subject.
More changes will be coming as our web development schedule allows…